Saturday, May 3, 2008


This is the most recent addition to my cross collection. It is a beautiful turquoise enamel cross on satin mat that is framed in glass. I have it separate from the rest of my collection because it is so unique and special in that one of my favorite people, Kelley, gave it to me before I left Little Rock. It looks great in my bedroom next to a gold framed mirror that I sat on my dresser. The mirror was the focal point in my den in Little Rock. It is fun to use larger pieces in different rooms and for other looks in the townhouse. It has all come together so far and except for Tricia, the cat, (a painting by Susan Morrison, a wildlife artist from Eureka Springs) I have all my pictures hanging in key places around the house. I am ready to start adding the furniture to complete the look I want here. Of course, I need to start to work first, and catch up after the expense of the move and not working for several months. Empty spaces are ok and keep me dreaming and planning.

I reached the place I needed to be this weekend. Unpacked, feeling settled, and able to rest before starting work on Monday. I'm reminded of a verse in Philippians (3:7) that says "and the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." I am experiencing such peace not only about how I have gotten here, but what awaits.

No comments: