skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Saint Joseph
This beautiful Saint Joseph statue is the newest member of my collection I started last year. I found him at the Canton Antique Mall in Roswell. I purchased him with a gift from a very special person. There is so much symbolism in this gift, the statue, and what Saint Joseph represents. I started my collection last year when I dug up a Saint Joseph in my front yard. I learned then that these little resin statues are buried in yards so that your home can be sold quickly, and to the right person. The little statue I dug up found a special place in my house, and then I started looking for more statues. I particularly like the Saint Joseph with Child. Joseph was the earthly father of Jesus, who protected him, cared for him, and provided for him. This statue also bears the Lily of the Valley which represents chastity, or I like to believe, a pureness for God. I have likewise been blessed with an earthly father who has loved me, protected me, provided for me, and been an example of God to me. Then, through the forgiveness of God, through the sacrifice of His Son, I am able to have a pure heart before Him. So, this statue, represents those things and people I hold near and dear in my heart.
1 comment:
Liz the statue is beautiful. I'm beginning to think that with your collection of crosses and statues you're a closet Catholic (smile).
I'll drop you an email soon.
Post a Comment