It's finally Friday and Bekins has arrived on time and prepared to load us up! They actually came by yesterday to load my "baby"...... the grand piano. After knocking a hole in the bedroom wall, they decided they needed to break until today. Of course, Don, the driver and foreman of the group, is fixing the wall. No worries.I finished my part. Packing a total of 65 boxes. It has been alot of work, and I think unpacking in the townhouse will be a bit like going shopping! All my pretty things will take on alittle different look and make our new place feel like home. They plan to unload me on Monday (a change from the Sunday date). I will have exactly a week to work around the place and take care of business before starting to work at Emory.
I must confess to being a bit tearful everyday this week. I'm sure fatigue plays a role in this, but also, closing one chapter to open a new one can be bittersweet. I have tried to see as many of my friends as I can, but it was impossible to talk to everyone. To you all, I don't say good bye, but "see ya later". There is an open invitation to come and visit Atlanta and stay with us, and I will always try to see you when I come "home" to Little Rock.
2 comments:
Liz,
I've thought about you this week-end and it makes me sad knowing you're gone. I'm glad we got to have lunch last week and visit. I'll be praying for you in your new home and new job. Good luck!
Carolyn
Thanks Carolyn for your prayers.
Let's stay in touch.
Post a Comment