Friday, April 18, 2008

Entry One!

Welcome Spring.....a time of change, renewal, color, sunshine......This Spring brings many changes: a move to Atlanta, a new job, a blossoming career, sunny green colors on the trees, joy.

Packing is underway for the big move in one week. Today I packed all the photos of my children. It is so tender to see their big smiles when they were so young. They are still very precious to me. It is hard to close a chapter of my life in that now they are adults. Where did the years go? I feel a paing inside my chest as I look over the pictures and wonder if I missed something. They grew up so fast. There are still so many good years ahead I refuse to have any regrets.

I'm surrounded by boxes. The things I love are in boxes waiting to arrive in Atlanta. I will be glad to get to the unpacking side of this move. I wonder what my things will look like in the new townhouse.

Lawson and I had our last Iriana's pizza for awhile. We sat next to the window and watched the trolley's go by. He is looking forward to the move but admits being alittle nervous. I must admit the same.

Isaiah 41:10 says "Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not look around, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you; surely I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." I am claiming this promise in the days ahead, with all their uncertainties, with all their excitement.
Moving to a new city, alone, but not. God is with me!




No comments: