Monday, April 21, 2008

Breaking Free


I just finished the book BREAKING FREE by Beth Moore. It has been a life changing book for me to study and apply the concepts to my life. The book's purpose is to lead the reader to the victory of total surrender in Christ. I started this book in January and took my time to read and study each chapter, looking up scripture, praying for insight, and applying the truths to my heart. Early on I experienced healing and forgiveness for past hurts, failures, and sins. Satan so wants us to live in the past, feeling guilt, having nagging thoughts of self destruction and self pity. God, however, wants us to experience His unending love and mercy. He wants to "set the captive free" (Isaiah 61:1-4).To live in total surrender to Christ brings real freedom and liberty in life. Because I am totally surrendered to Christ, I have a completely satisfied life in Him and know no greater love. Through this healing, God has led me on this journey that takes me to Atlanta. I know that He wants me to move beyond the places where I experienced so much hurt, sin, and wrongdoing . Both spiritually and physically I am moving on and Breaking Free!

No comments: