Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Thanksgiving List

This Thanksgiving Day is almost over. I helped Mom cook the big Turkey dinner with all the trimmings, making sure I took mental notes of how she made the dressing. Then we had the chance to sit down with Dad and my niece, Emily and have a cozy meal. Before our meal, Dad blessed the food, in his usual way, not failing to give praise and thanksgiving to our Lord for the abundance in our lives. At 83 years, Dad has lived through so much in our country, in our family, in his marriage, and in his own life. He has remained faithful to God and leads our family, even as spread out as we are, to do the same. To pray with my Dad is the greatest privilege and joy in my life.

So, now that the kitchen is cleaned, I've had a nap with the Cowboy football game in the background, and with my favorite coffee in hand, I want to share with you my Thanksgiving Blessings (in no particular order) and pray your life is blessed and full of joy today!
Mom and Dad
Vicky
Lauren, Lane, Lawson
Georgia
Texas
Arkansas
Beautiful Seasons
God's redemption
Grace
Eve, Judith, Sally, Ginny, Lienne
Freedom
My Baby Grand Piano
Emory
Church
Eternal Life
Good Health
Buddy the dog
Music
Work and Rest

1 comment:

Liene said...

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. I'm pulling my hair out and in full on stress mode. I'm so hoping that I stay out of the hospital between now and the movers coming. After they take all our stuff away, I'll be a little more relaxed.

Still can't believe I'll be there in just over 3 weeks.