Saturday, November 1, 2008

2008 Atlanta Heart Walk







It was a perfect day for the 2008 American Heart
Association annual HeartWalk in Atlanta. I was the proud team captain of a team reaching high goals. Emory Healthcare was the top company in Atlanta raising $257,000 for research, education, and public awareness of cardiovascular disease.



An estimated 22,000 walkers participated today. For me it was great to get out and exercise but it was also a chance to walk through parts of Atlanta I've yet to visit since arriving in April. So, like any excited tourist, I had my camera ready. My pictures can't do justice to the fabulous fall colors that have painted the Atlanta landscape in the past week. But I've attempted to capture some of this beautiful fall for you.





2 comments:

Liene said...

Very, very cool. Do you know how much was raised in total?

I'm glad to see you blogging more. I need to call you soon or at least send you an email.

Liz said...

Hey Liene, I personally raised over $1000.00. My team total was $1500.00. The Atlanta total was close to 2 million.