It's been awhile since I officially posted to my blog. Mainly because my laptop has been held hostage by the Geek Squad at Best Buy and also because routine has set in. The new job isn't so new these days and Lawson has started school and started balking at homework. Pretty much back to normal, whether in Little Rock or Alpharetta! But, all is good and we are getting along so well. We're in this move together, and I have committed to not have too much of a social life for the next 2 years until Lawson is off to college. My focus is on God first, then Lawson and my family, and my job. I fit into all of this by doing what I do best, taking care of others. I am most happy and blessed when I know that I can help those I love have what they need and to feel loved. I daily ask God to bless me just so I can bless others.
When I look back at where we started in the clinics on May 10, we have made tremendous progress. I could not have accomplished this on my own. I have a team, some I would not have initially chosen, who have surprised me with their willingness to be compliant and adaptable and work through all we have had to do. They are like my kids, and I feel like their Mom! I would never think I could love this staff, but I do. In spite of difficult changes, these girls (and 1 guy) really treat our patients with dignity and respect and follow my leadership on how to do that. Besides doing this, they have started to act like a team that wins. I am very proud of all of them. I just hope they know that. Today, I had a meeting at one of my satellite clinics, and when they started to leave, we actually hugged. That is so huge to me. I can't explain how special that made them to me and I hope they know that as their supervisor, I have so much faith in their desire to do what is best. It was such a blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment